[Slackbuilds-users] webkit2gtk build problems

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:24:30 UTC 2017

On 20/09/17 16:08, B Watson wrote:
> On 9/20/17, Matteo Bernardini<matteo.bernardini at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> I think webkit2gtk README should not be updated with the adding more swap
>>> space tip.
>> it has been just a suggestion and in Willy's case it has been useful,
>> but I agree that it's something that maybe would fit better between
>> the FAQs (as it applies to multiple SlackBuilds).
> Why can't it be mentioned in both places, the README as specific advice
> for someone about to build webkit2gtk, and the FAQ as general advice
> for multiple builds?
>
> The issue here seems to be that it takes several hours for the build
> to fail, and it took all the people on this thread several days to 100%
> diagnose the problem. That represents enough computer cycles and human
> labour that it's worth passing on to the next guy who might need to know
> it. An extra sentence in a README costs nothing, and might save someone
> some time and headache.

But was that an actual solution?

That is, I might not have noticed that, but was increasing the swap
space the solution?

I built it fine in 5GB VM, using 4 make jobs.

And we have many more scripts that might be hungry, like qt5 or LibreOffice.

I'm not sure if they all should be updated this way.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski