[Slackbuilds-users] webkit2gtk build problems

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Wed Sep 20 14:42:08 UTC 2017

> > An extra sentence in a README costs nothing, and might save someone
> > some time and headache.
>
> But was that an actual solution?
>
> That is, I might not have noticed that, but was increasing the swap
> space the solution?
>
> I built it fine in 5GB VM, using 4 make jobs.
>
> And we have many more scripts that might be hungry, like qt5 or LibreOffice.
>
> I'm not sure if they all should be updated this way.

That's the question...
Wasn't the solution to use multiple jobs ?
-j2 or higher does the trick, but if -j1 it fails ?

It seems to me that was the real solution wasn't it ?

And couldn't this be handled in the SlackBuild directly ? Checking for NUMJOBS
and setting 2 jobs if there are only one asked for, regardless of user
preferences.

--
Yth <yth at ythogtha.org>