[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Sun Aug 5 06:09:03 UTC 2018

On Sunday 5 August 2018 08:43,
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> > Go ahead.  I have no problem giving up qt5, qt5-webkit and PyQt5.  I
> > don't have time right now to test big packages like qt5.
>
> If dave would like to take over Qt5*, i would suggest to do in the
> following orders:
> - create a new branch (eg qt5-testing)
> - update qt5, qt5-webkit, and PyQt5
> - submit new scripts for qt5-legacy, qt5-webkit-legacy, and PyQt5-legacy
> (if needed)
> - test all new scripts that depends on qt5 against new qt5
> - if it doesn't work with newer qt5, change the REQUIRES into qt5-legacy

I haven't used git for submissions yet. Guess it is time.

Rather than legacy I'm thinking LTS ought to be the base branch, then
a -dev to keep up with the latest. LTS is around 5.9.6 for Qt itself.
Not sure about the others. That is, unless there's still something
that needs an older Qt?

-Dave

--

Oh, and this is another kernel in that great and venerable "BugFree(tm)"
series of kernels.  So be not afraid of bugs, but go out in the streets

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//