[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 08:35:11 UTC 2018

On 8/5/18, David Woodfall <dave at dawoodfall.net> wrote:

> Rather than legacy I'm thinking LTS ought to be the base branch, then
> a -dev to keep up with the latest. LTS is around 5.9.6 for Qt itself.

Ugh, don't call it -dev, you'll confuse new users coming from
Debian/Redhat. They'll think it's the "development" package, and that
they need qt5 and qt5-dev both installed to be able to compile stuff
with it...

Maybe -staging (like wine-staging), or -latest? Probably a bad idea to
call it -current (that name's obviously already used for something else).