[Slackbuilds-users] Which jack?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Dec 22 13:15:01 UTC 2018

Hello again,

On 22/12/2018 14:02, Didier Spaier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some SlackBuilds mention as a mandatory or optional requirement
> jack-audio-connection-kit (aka jack1), others jack2.
>
> As both are mutually incompatible, what can I do if I want to build a
> package which mentions jack-audio-connection-kit as dependency, and
> also another one which mentions jack2 instead?

Addendum:

I see in  the FAQ:
https://github.com/jackaudio/jackaudio.github.com/wiki/Q_difference_jack1_jack2
Programs compiled against Jack 1 will work with Jack 2 without recompile (and vice versa).

Do you folks confirm?

If yes, let me rephrase my question: if jack1 or jacjk2 is mentioned as
build dependenecy, can actually use the other?

I ask, because as a package provider I'd rather ship jack2.
Then I could install jack1 locally to just build the packages that need
specifically this one, but I'd prefer to avoid that if I can.

Best,

Didier