[Slackbuilds-users] w3m

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Tue Jan 2 19:40:50 UTC 2018

I've tried to email Grigorios about this but got 'Recipient address
rejected. Not known' error back.

I'm hoping that he's watching the list.

I've noticed that w3m make install doesn't install w3mimgdisplay. This
is needed by ranger to display images in the terminal. I managed to fix
it by:

make install DESTDIR=$PKG
cp w3mimgdisplay $PKG/usr/bin

Also, if you change the termlib line to:

--with-termlib="terminfo ncurses" \

It will allow w3mimgdisplay to work in gnu-screen (if tic is used to
install the screen terminfo file).

Could you please add those options? Then I will update my ranger
slackbuild with some information on how to get images working in the
terminal.

Cheers