[Slackbuilds-users] Audio SlackBuilds

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jan 20 13:47:56 UTC 2018

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> This is a bit difficult for me, but the reality is that although I tried to
> keep my audio related SlackBuilds up-to-date, since I no longer really use any
> of them they always ended up getting pushed down the priority list.

Heinz, et al.:

   I don't use any of these tools nor do I know how to create or maintain
slackbuild scripts, but I have a question raised by your situation. I ask
only because I'm curious.

   Could a script using curl and run by cron.weekly (for example) search
source URLs, check whether the downloadable version differs from the local
version, download it if it is, and send a message to the user that an
updated version has been collected?

   All of you spend a lot of time maintaining packages and I'm not the only
one who appreciates your efforts.

Regards,

Rich