[Slackbuilds-users] bad downloads, courtesy of sbosrcarch

David O'Shaughnessy lists at osh.id.au
Sun Jul 15 08:16:45 UTC 2018

On 07/15/2018 06:06 PM, B Watson wrote:
> 404 Not Found:
>
> network/signal-desktop

Ok thanks. They don't normally remove release files, but they must have
pulled 1.14.0 for some reason. The current version is 1.14.1 and I've
submitted an update for that.

> The entire website for signal-desktop's download
> (https://updates.signal.org/) is messed up, and I can't find the file
> elsewhere. Actually... why is signal-desktop using a .deb? There's
> source here:
>
> https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Desktop/releases
>
> Is it one of those that's a bear to build, like palemoon or qt5?

I sync the binary releases to my machine using apt-mirror (from SBo). As
for building from source, last time I looked there weren't any clear
instructions for it, but if anyone wants to have a go, feel free.

--
Dave