[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jun 2 01:04:07 UTC 2018

> I just felt I should mention that our qt5 needs an update. qt5.7.1 has
> not received an update since 14 December 2016 and there are known
> vulnerabilities. Not only that but more and more software is requiring
> newer more up to date version. See CVE-2017-15011
> https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2017-15011 for example.

Unfortunately the maintainer has a blocker issue for Qt5 since upgrading
to newer version means that some other script will have to be removed
since it can't be built with newer Qt5 without upgrading core packages
in Slackware.

My personal recommendation is we need 2 separate Qt5 script. The
original Qt5 can be bumped to newer version, but we can have like Qt57
which stays at 5.7.1 thus all packages that need the original Qt 5.7.1
can switch to the new Qt57.

What do you think Larry ?

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo