[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Sat Jun 2 04:01:21 UTC 2018

On Saturday 2 June 2018 08:04,
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> > I just felt I should mention that our qt5 needs an update. qt5.7.1 has
> > not received an update since 14 December 2016 and there are known
> > vulnerabilities. Not only that but more and more software is requiring
> > newer more up to date version. See CVE-2017-15011
> > https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2017-15011 for example.
>
> Unfortunately the maintainer has a blocker issue for Qt5 since upgrading
> to newer version means that some other script will have to be removed
> since it can't be built with newer Qt5 without upgrading core packages
> in Slackware.
>
> My personal recommendation is we need 2 separate Qt5 script. The
> original Qt5 can be bumped to newer version, but we can have like Qt57
> which stays at 5.7.1 thus all packages that need the original Qt 5.7.1
> can switch to the new Qt57.
>
> What do you think Larry ?
>
> --
> Willy Sudiarto Raharjo

I asked about this a couple of weeks ago, but eg qutebrowser is
designed for features in the latest qtwebengine and I would like to
supply a qt5 version that is up-to-date, or at least qt 5.10.1
anyway.

I've been running 5.10.1 since around the time it was released with
no issues at all.

-Dave

--

The most important design issue... is the fact that Linux is supposed to
be fun...

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//