[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 is sorely in need of an update

David Woodfall dave at dawoodfall.net
Sat Jun 2 04:26:45 UTC 2018

On Saturday 2 June 2018 11:16,
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> > I asked about this a couple of weeks ago, but eg qutebrowser is
> > designed for features in the latest qtwebengine and I would like to
> > supply a qt5 version that is up-to-date, or at least qt 5.10.1
> > anyway.
> >
> > I've been running 5.10.1 since around the time it was released with
> > no issues at all.
>
> If i recalled correctly, it has something to do with sip package shipped
> with Slackware which doesn't meet the minimum requirement for newer
> PyQt5 which relies on Qt5-webkit and eventually Qt5 package.

Ah right. Qutebrowser uses python3-sip/python3-PyQt5 so I haven't hit
that problem.

How about a separate sip package for python2 that can co-exist with
the stock version? It may be possible.

-Dave

--

We should start referring to processes which run in the background by their
correct technical name... paenguins.

                                                            .--.  oo
                                                           (____)//