[Slackbuilds-users] qemu

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 00:08:40 UTC 2018

On 06/10/2018 03:36 PM, John Yost wrote:
> Greetings Ed
>
> just updated my Qemu from SBO.
> In the past Qemu-2.9 version while running Slackware64-current as the VM
> guest I could adjust my screen size to 1280x960 using system settings
> display&monitor window in kde.
> Since the update when I try to change to that size KDE crashes along
> with Qemu. They just hang and I have to close the qemu VM window from
> the host
>
> PS The host is a SandyBridge running 14.2 with all Pat's patches and the
> 4.17.0 kernel

Howdy John

That's weird.  Works ok here with XFCE and KDE.  I'm running plain old
Slackware current with stock kernel, no integrated GPU, nvidia
proprietary blob. My VMs mostly stay on the CLI to test compiles for SBo.

4.4.132 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz
(Broadwell E)

Maybe try another qemu video driver?  I stick with "-vga std" and rarely
use a WM/DE.  Also, 4.17 includes virtioGPU support for accelerated VM
graphics.  That might be an issue with a 14.2 "hybrid" system.

Compare your command line args with mine in the VM script I use.  Maybe
something will pop out:

http://www.linuxgalaxy.org/files/utils/

In the meantime, I about ready to start testing stuff on current so I'll
set up a VM...with my "copious" free time, of course.

-Ed