[Slackbuilds-users] Compile an android app for Linux

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun Jun 17 07:20:51 UTC 2018

Hello,

Le 16/06/2018 à 20:46, B Watson a écrit :
> On 6/16/18, Didier Spaier <didier at slint.fr> wrote:
>>
>> That would be very nice of you, as pico2wave is as far as I know the
>> best if not the only application that read a text file and output a
>> sound file like a .wav usable on Linux
>
> espeak can do this. No idea if it does as good a job as pico2wave (never
> used that).

I have read threads stating that pico2wave provides a better quality
(although it be unclear in what respect it is "better". This is
rather subjective).

By the way may I suggest that you replace (or add to) espeak with
its successor, espeak-ng:
https://github.com/rhdunn/espeak/archive/1.49.2.tar.gz

>> This is of course very useful, noticeably for visually impaired people
>> who can then hear the text.
>
> There's also flite. Not sure if it can render to .wav files, but it'll
> speak a text file.

Yes it can but maybe pico2wave is also better.

I will post "what is the better speech synthesizer able to record
a wave file" in accessibility related mailing lists and will let
you know the results.

Thanks and congrats for your very good quality SlackBuilds.

Greetings,

Didier