[Slackbuilds-users] Plex version too old

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri May 4 16:50:09 UTC 2018

> Fair enough. Now make sure to enter the gist of this in the Slackbuilds home
> page, in a big font, so nobody will be led to think that packages are
> properly maintained throughout.

it's not that finding a limited number of not maintained SlackBuilds
means that all of 7000 of them are unmaintained: just calculate the
percentage and you can see they are a very small part.

>> Meanwhile, thanks for the report.
>

> Any time. My hope is that will do something to improve things for this, and
> other packages in similar situations of abandonment.

IMHO is only maintaining stuff yourself that helps in these cases.

> <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ...and this exposes the real issue: pretty much nobody reads the
>> READMEs or the scripts they run in the first place.
>

> Precisely. Which is why I was suggesting the Slackbuilds home page, in a big
> font. In obnoxiously flashing text, if you want. That does not guarantee
> that people will read it, but it is far more difficult to miss. This aside,
> that's boilerplate, legalese stuff. What matters is what can be reasonably
> expected.

I think you got this completely wrong: if you don't read the READMEs
and the scripts you run, it's just your fault and you shouldn't blame
nobody else.

Matteo