[Slackbuilds-users] Another build error: glabels

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Oct 4 13:31:41 UTC 2018

On Thu, 4 Oct 2018, Didier Spaier wrote:

> Do what you want, but you probably will spare yourself a lot of issues
> (and many among us a lot of support provided for free to no avail)
> trying first to just install a genuine (not multilib) Slackware 14.2
> and build these packages. Then if you encounter issues due to a too old
> kernel, you will be able to install (not build) a newer kernel. IIRC you
> can just install a kernel for Slackware-current in Slackware 14.2, if I
> am wrong please someone corrects me.

Didier,

   I hit those build issues over the past week, well before I installed the
multilib paackages yesterday. I installed the latter only to enable running
adobe-reader (and, perhaps, jpilot), taking a break from the more important
packages that wouldn't build.

   The BIOS version is no older than a year ago; I'd need to check it again
but when installed I recall seeing the version data as earlier this year or
late last autumn.

Rich