[Slackbuilds-users] Another build error: glabels

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Oct 4 13:23:54 UTC 2018

Do what you want, but you probably will spare yourself a lot of issues
(and many among us a lot of support provided for free to no avail)
trying first to just install a genuine (not multilib) Slackware 14.2
and build these packages. Then if you encounter issues due to a too old
kernel, you will be able to install (not build) a newer kernel. IIRC you
can just install a kernel for Slackware-current in Slackware 14.2, if I
am wrong please someone corrects me.

I am not convinced that you be well prepared to run neither -current nor
multilib, finding yourself how to sort the issues that can arise. You
would need to first make a lot of thorough reading, like e.g.
http://docs.slackware.com/slackware:multilib
Thorough reading means understand not only the "how" but also the "why"
of what you read instead of just apply blindly a recipe.

Best,

Didier

PS If you need to run some 32-bit applications, it's usually possible
to find other ones providing very similar features, else it's much easier
to fire up a virtual machine with a 32-bit Slackware than to maintain a
multilib system. And with 32G of RAM running virtual machines is
not an issue at all