[Slackbuilds-users] Rebuilding packages on new host

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 6 22:07:49 UTC 2019

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019, Christoph Willing wrote:

> Please be aware that the -r option gives a list of packages required by
> the target(s). I think that is the mode you want for your particular need
> at the moment - something like:
>   hoorex -rl1 target1 target2 target3 ...
>
> Without the -r option, hoorex tells what packages depend on the target
> i.e. the reverse of the other mode.

Chris,

Very true. It took me a few readings of the man page and trying various
options to fully understand hoorex.

Using hoorex without any other options shows me what packages depend on the
target mentioned on the command line. If one of those packages is higher up
the list from the target I move it to preceed the package depending on it.
This appears to be working for me. If sbopkg chokes somewhere processing the
queue list I'll fix those instances as necessary.

I'm learning a lot from all of you and appreciate your comments.

Best regards,

Rich