[Slackbuilds-users] Upcoming version of EFL build fails on 14.2

Heiko Rosemann heiko.rosemann at web.de
Tue Mar 19 19:08:04 UTC 2019

On 3/19/19 10:38 AM, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
>>> After many weeks of not making any headway, I'm ready to release this
>>> now with the caveat "you must uninstall your existing EFL package
>>> before updating", and hold faith that 15.0 will make the bugs go away.
>>> [...]
> On that subject, is it worth adding a test for previous version in the
> slackbuild, and should the build just stop if one exists, or should it
> be allowed to remove the previous existing installed version?
> Regards, Tim

gnucash is doing exactly that - failing the build if there already is a
version of gnucash installed:

# First, make sure a previous Gnucash installation is removed:
if [ -e /usr/bin/gnucash ]; then
  echo "A previous Gnucash installation has been found."
  echo "Please remove it before running this script."
  exit 1
fi

Best Regards,
Heiko

--
eMails verschlüsseln mit PGP - privacy is your right!
Mein PGP-Key zur Verifizierung: http://pgp.mit.edu