[Slackbuilds-users] Problem building Qt5

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sun Apr 19 20:31:46 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-19 17:13,
Jim Diamond via SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org>
> While I see varying reports on the success of using MAKEFLAGS, and
> maybe I should have tried that, I use sbotools to build slackbuilds,
> and have JOBS=8 in my /etc/sbotools/sbotools.conf, but that had no
> effect with the building of qt5 (all the individual files were
> compiled separately).  I am not sure what is considered to be the One
> True Way of setting make flags for slackbuilds, but one might boldly
> assume whatever sbotools does is a likely candidate.

I've always exported MAKEFLAGS in my shell, and I've not had a
problem with it yet.

The qt5 make command is:

make || make -j1

So if MAKEFLAGS=-j4 it will use that, and fallback to -j1 if it
fails.

export MAKEFLAGS=-j$(($(nproc)+1)) or a similar construct can be used
in the shell, so that shell startup scripts can be reused on
different machines.

--
Dave

The antibloat squad!
For those interested in no bloat, minimal desktop Linux
gopher://tty1.uk/1/?minimal-linux
http://tty1.uk/minimal-linux
#minimallinux @ chat.freenode.net