[Slackbuilds-users] Problem building Qt5 [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Apr 20 15:51:28 UTC 2020

On Sun, 19 Apr 2020, B Watson wrote:

> More patience. And/or more RAM, if you can.

I set up ccache and let Qt5 build. It took 4h 55min on my Ryzen7 2700
desktop with 32G RAM. That's a lot of time for a UI widget library, but it
tries to do everything, everywhere, for everybody.

Reading the ccache man page I think I understand that it provided no
speed-up because it needed a full build to cache for future upgrades.

My thanks to all who commented and increases my understanding.

Stay well, all,

Rich