[Slackbuilds-users] Development/jdk download URL points to a login page

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 02:18:42 UTC 2020

On 4/23/20 7:13 PM, Dave Woodfall wrote:
> On 2020-04-23 19:10,
> King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
>> Getting directed to a login page is HIGHLY annoying, as many you may agree.
>>
>> more "direct" downloads are here:
>>
>> https://www.java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp
>>
>> Some of the links appear to be wget compatible (?).
>>
>> -Ed
>
> It's been like that for a long time.  You need to agree to a license
> agreement on the page before you can download, at least for the new
> versions.  Unless that's changed lately.

No...this is an ACTUAL login page asking for userID and password. It's
been awhile since I downloaded it, and I recall that the license page
was NOT

https://login.oracle.com/mysso/signon.jsp

but and actual page of license text with agree/cancel buttons.

Unless Firefox here is doing something weird.

-Ed