[Slackbuilds-users] Development/jdk download URL points to a login page

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Fri Apr 24 02:40:55 UTC 2020

On 2020-04-23 19:18,
King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> On 4/23/20 7:13 PM, Dave Woodfall wrote:
> > On 2020-04-23 19:10,
> > King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> >> Getting directed to a login page is HIGHLY annoying, as many you may agree.
> >>
> >> more "direct" downloads are here:
> >>
> >> https://www.java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp
> >>
> >> Some of the links appear to be wget compatible (?).
> >>
> >> -Ed
> >
> > It's been like that for a long time.  You need to agree to a license
> > agreement on the page before you can download, at least for the new
> > versions.  Unless that's changed lately.
> >

> No...this is an ACTUAL login page asking for userID and password. It's
> been awhile since I downloaded it, and I recall that the license page
> was NOT
>
> https://login.oracle.com/mysso/signon.jsp
>
> but and actual page of license text with agree/cancel buttons.
>
> Unless Firefox here is doing something weird.
>
> -Ed

Ah I see.  It gave me a telling off for `using a bookmark' to go
directly to that second link.  No login for me, but I do remember
coming across a login page when I was looking for the latest version
either last year or early this year.  rworkman might know more.

I notice that they have also changed the names of the downloads, or
at least when I was looking for Linux source all I could find had
`bin' in the file name.  Unless that is a binary, but then where is
the source?