[Slackbuilds-users] Google Earth Pro issues

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 11 17:26:03 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Aug 2020, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> What's your video card and what driver are you using to run it?

Jeremy,

Hadn't thought of this.

lspci reports:
VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device 699f (rev c7)
which translates to a Gigabyte Radeon RX 550.

I have a replacement, non-gaming, video card but haven't yet switched the
two.

and,

$ lsmod | grep video
uvcvideo              106496  0
videobuf2_vmalloc      16384  1 uvcvideo
videobuf2_memops       16384  1 videobuf2_vmalloc
videobuf2_v4l2         28672  1 uvcvideo
videodev              200704  2 videobuf2_v4l2,uvcvideo
videobuf2_common       49152  2 videobuf2_v4l2,uvcvideo
video                  45056  1 asus_wmi
i2c_core               77824  9 videodev,drm_kms_helper,i2c_algo_bit,igb,amdgpu,psmouse,i2c_piix4,i2c_dev,drm

> Have you tried running it on a -current system? It might be the drivers
> used for your GPU just don't work well with the graphics stack that's
> included with 14.2.

No. My time is focused on developing more business so this desktop hasn't
been hardware upgraded and the spare desktop needs more attention. I might
run -current on the spare but generating revenue has my highest priority.

Stay well,

Rich