[Slackbuilds-users] Google Earth Pro issues

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 17:34:20 UTC 2020

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020, 11:26 AM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Aug 2020, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
>
> > What's your video card and what driver are you using to run it?
>
> Jeremy,
>
> Hadn't thought of this.
>
> lspci reports:
> VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Device
> 699f (rev c7)
> which translates to a Gigabyte Radeon RX 550.
>
> I have a replacement, non-gaming, video card but haven't yet switched the
> two.
>
> and,
>
> $ lsmod | grep video
> uvcvideo              106496  0
> videobuf2_vmalloc      16384  1 uvcvideo
> videobuf2_memops       16384  1 videobuf2_vmalloc
> videobuf2_v4l2         28672  1 uvcvideo
> videodev              200704  2 videobuf2_v4l2,uvcvideo
> videobuf2_common       49152  2 videobuf2_v4l2,uvcvideo
> video                  45056  1 asus_wmi
> i2c_core               77824  9
> videodev,drm_kms_helper,i2c_algo_bit,igb,amdgpu,psmouse,i2c_piix4,i2c_dev,drm

The RX550 is not properly supported in 14.2. It requires a newer graphics
stack than what's in 14.2. Your card is running in a barbones mode since
proper drivers aren't included, so any heavy graphics programs are likely
going to fail.

These should be resolved on -current and can only be resolved on 14.2 by
upgrading mesa, llvm, libdrm, xf86-video-amdgpu, and a few dependencies.

Jeremy