[Slackbuilds-users] Add Autodetect to ffmpeg for Optional Dependencies

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 22:09:59 UTC 2020

On 12/13/20, King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com> wrote:

> This may be all a moot point since ffmpeg, at least as it applies to
> SBo, is now part of current.

Along with qt5, rxvt-unicode, sdl2...

In a way I hate to see this stuff added to core Slackware. It means
we can't upgrade it, if it's another 5 years before the next release.

Also, 15.0 won't ship with all the codecs and other optional libraries
ffmpeg is capable of being built with. We may end up having to keep
ffmpeg on SBo to support other SBo stuff that needs ffmpeg built with
some specific optional dependencies...