[Slackbuilds-users] SBo service migration #1 complete

Biff Eros bifferos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:38:11 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 12:10 PM Marek Wodzinski <majek at w7i.pl> wrote:
> Have you thought about splitting services and migrate them to some hosted
> solutions?

I don't think you can write back-end code in a github website but I'm
sure you could fake the slackbuilds search interface by uploading the
compressed metadata (for dependencies and such) into some kind of
generated js script and do it all the in browser.  Submissions could
be via issue tracker.  I think there's an  API you can use to process
the information but I haven't looked at it yet.

So you're right, a lot could be done with some thought and effort.
Depends how much time people have free though :).

regards,
Biff.