[Slackbuilds-users] Help needed: jitsi

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jun 2 15:34:11 UTC 2020

I had built and installed jitsi from the SBo. Today I tried to load the
application and it told me it could not find java. I had adoptopenjdk-openj9
installed and in ~/.bash_profile is the directive: export
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib64/jvm.

Re-reading the SBo jitsi page I saw the requirement for openjdk7. I removed
adoptopenjdk-openj9 and built/installed the SBo openjdk7.

Attempting to rebuild jitsi the process halts here:

inflating: jitsi/jitsi.iml
Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
We cannot execute /usr/local/lib64/jdk-14.0.1+7/bin/java

I assume the adoptopenjdk-openj9 installed that in /usr/local/, but there's
nothing lin /usr/local/lib64/ now except for perl5.

Now, java is found in /usr/lib64/openjdk7/bin/java and
/usr/lib64/openjdk7/jre/bin/java.

I need your expert advice on two issues:

1. How do I get jitsi to see the proper location and version of java?

2. Can't I have multiple java (jdk and jre) versions installed? Different
jave applications are hard-coded for specific java versions.

TIA,

Rich