[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 fails to build on 14.2 stable 64bit

Alan Page alpage2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 21 19:32:16 UTC 2020

On a freshly installed and updated 64bit full installation of slackware 14.2, an attempt to compile qt5 with the Slackbuild files ended with the error message:

ERROR: Feature 'xcb' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.thread && features.xkbcommon && libs.xcb' failed.

None of the support options were used - I simply ran qt5.SlackBuild with no modifications.
Help would be much appreciated - I don't have the skills to debug this.
Thanks in anticipationAlan