[Slackbuilds-users] qt5 fails to build on 14.2 stable 64bit

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:43:50 UTC 2020

Il giorno dom 21 giu 2020 alle ore 21:32 Alan Page via
SlackBuilds-users <slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> ha scritto:

> On a freshly installed and updated 64bit full installation of slackware 14.2, an attempt to compile qt5 with the Slackbuild files ended with the error message:
>
> ERROR: Feature 'xcb' was enabled, but the pre-condition 'features.thread && features.xkbcommon && libs.xcb' failed.
>

> None of the support options were used - I simply ran qt5.SlackBuild with no modifications.
>
> Help would be much appreciated - I don't have the skills to debug this.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
> Alan

have you built and installed all of the dependencies before trying to build qt5?
they are (in order):
pyhton3
ninja
meson
libxkbcommon

the last is listed in the REQUIRES field of the qt5.info file you got
from this repositories, and the other are dependencies of the
dependencies (and so on).

Matteo