[Slackbuilds-users] cmake too old issues

Richard Ellis rellis at dp100.com
Mon May 25 16:59:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 05:51:07PM +0100, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
>One of the slackbuilds I look after has switched from waf to cmake.
>Unfortunately they have targetted cmake v 3.11 and have used
>features which are not available, or are broken in cmake 3.5.2 (the
>version that comes with slackware 14.2)
>Can anyone point me towards a way to include a newer local version of
>cmake, just for the slackbuild, or if they have other suggestions,

Here (32-bit):
https://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware-current/source/d/cmake/

or here (64-bit):
https://mirrors.slackware.com/slackware/slackware64-current/source/d/cmake/

Just build the cmake from -current from source, and 'upgradepkg' with
the result.

If -current's cmake requires some other package(s) that is(are) not new
enough in 14.2, then repeat the process with those other packages.