[Slackbuilds-users] Google chrome?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat May 30 12:30:30 UTC 2020

On Fri, 29 May 2020, Luiz Carlos Ramos wrote:

> To add a suggestion, you may try Vivaldi, which is in SBo repository. I've
> been using it for some time and I'm pretty sure it has a recent version of
> Google Chrome under the hoods.

Luiz,

Thank you for the suggestion. I installed chrome from /extra and it had the
same issue as opera and chromium: the first thing ringcentral's web page did
was try to access a web page using xdg-open, but it could not find that URL.
A coding error by ringcentral.

The application provides a link to download a client so I went that route.
Of course, Slackware was not among the choices, including 'other OS.' I
downloaded the fedora *.rpm, ran it through rpm2tgz, and installed the
client. This worked and allowed me to access the planning meeting even
though the other two participants and also long since left it.

I'll use the downloaded ringcentral client for my presentation; no browser
needed.

Stay well,

Rich