[Slackbuilds-users] Fresh soundkonverter download fails to build [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 19 01:55:26 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021, Ricardo J. Barberis wrote:

> Not necessarily your mistake, but something's definitely not quite right on
> your system.

Ricardo,

That makes many of us.

>> /usr/local/include/cdda_interface.h:87:31: error: expected ‘:’ before ‘;’
>> token cdda_private_data_t *private;

> In my system I have /usr/include/cdda/cdda_interface.h from
> cdparanoia-III_10.2-x86_64-1
>
> I'd suggest removing whatever you have installed in /usr/local and stick to
> the official Slackware64 packages.

I saw the mention of /usr/local/ but ignored it since -- as far as my
actions go -- every package goes into /usr/ not /usr/local/.

Yes, somehow last April 9th cdda_interface,h and another cdda*h were
installed in both /usr/include and /usr/local/include/. They're now removed.

And that was the problem. I overlooked it because I've not intentionally
installed any core or SBo package in /usr/loca/.

Thank you,

Rich