[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20210102.1

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jan 2 07:57:19 UTC 2021

On 02/01/21 11:03,
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <willysr at slackbuilds.org> put forth the proposition:
> Hi All
> Happy New Year 2021 and welcome to the first update in 2021.
> In 2020, we made a lot of cleanup to the scripts both old and new
> scripts submitted by maintainers. Moving forward in 2021, we would like
> maintainers to ensure that their local copy is updated and sync with the
> latest update of what we have in our repository so that our effort to
> clean up the script didn't get reverted again. Cloning our repository
> from SBo, github, or gitlab is the recommended ways. You can push your
> changes to your own account and submit a PR/MR to our Github/GitLab
> repository.
> Some maintainers are still using old template or even modified template
> for new scripts (like using txz, 486 instead of 586 for arch, or adding
> NUMJOBS variable). This was tolerated in the past, but we will be more
> strict about this in 2021. Your scripts might get rejected if you are
> still reverting our changes again and again or still using the old
> templates. Please note that the latest template can be seen here:
> https://slackbuilds.org/templates/

Just to add a note to that, please all read the comments and notes in
the templates, especially in README, because we are wrapping text in
it at 72 characters now.

Thanks,

--
Dave

Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over,
pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come.
	 --Friedrich Nietzsche