[Slackbuilds-users] avahi without the server. Caveats.

Ruben Schuller sb at rbn.im
Tue May 25 21:15:54 UTC 2021

hi,

2021-05-25 Didier Spaier <didier at slint.fr>:

> I am wondering: why not install *only* the so files from the avahi
> package? What would users miss? which inconveniences, caveats?
> Or, can I just remove the daemon managers

i'll just chime in with my two cents:
it is in fact one thing which i really like about slackware, there are
no "development" packages or similar shenanigans. it's usually just one
package. the need to constantly install a myriad of packages drives me
insane when compiling something on other linux distributions.

cheers
ruben