[Slackbuilds-users] foldingathome

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 21:11:54 UTC 2021

On 9/26/21, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at panix.com> wrote:
> Would it be possible to get a foldingathome slackbuild script after
> slackware 15.0 gets released?  Many other distros have the capability to
> build and contribute to this project but not so slackware yet at least
> with slackbuilds.

If you write a SlackBuild for it, we'll have one. Right now,
submissions are still closed, until 15.0 releases... but if you
have a tested/working script, you can submit it as soon as we reopen
submissions.

> There might be a problem since slackware doesn't use systemd and so far as
> I know no such change is planned for the future.  Foldingathome uses
> systemd to run but if there are ways around this this might be possible.

Does it just use systemd to start a daemon at boot? Would be simple
enough to include an rc.whatever script with your SlackBuild, or just
a set of instructions on how to start it from rc.local.