[Slackbuilds-users] foldingathome

Ozan Türkyılmaz ozan.turkyilmaz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 06:53:11 UTC 2021

King Beowulf <kingbeowulf at gmail.com>, 27 Eyl 2021 Pzt, 05:48 tarihinde şunu
yazdı:

> On 9/26/21 10:34, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > Would it be possible to get a foldingathome slackbuild script after
> > slackware 15.0 gets released?  Many other distros have the capability to
> > build and contribute to this project but not so slackware yet at least
> > with slackbuilds.
> > We could set up a slackware team to help solve covid and other diseases
> > once a package like that became available.
> > There might be a problem since slackware doesn't use systemd and so far
> as
> > I know no such change is planned for the future.  Foldingathome uses
> > systemd to run but if there are ways around this this might be possible.
> >

> It all depends on how folding at home is compiled re: systemd.  I am also
> not sure if it's opensource: they only have pre-compiled binaries.

I just tested folding at home. It uses old system v style startup scripts
and does not depend on systemd.
Also, it seems it needs its own system user. I didnt tested or read the
documentation but it started fine and downloaded
workload, then started working on it.
Official packages come in rpm, dep for x86_64 and Arm/RaspberryPi.

Regards,
Ozan