[Slackbuilds-users] abandoning all my slackbuilds

Richard Narron richard at aaazen.com
Tue Apr 26 21:09:29 UTC 2022

On Mon, 25 Apr 2022, B. Watson wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Apr 2022, Donald Cooley wrote:
>
> > Seems unnecessary to change the liberal license. If you want to change the
> > license retain my name as the author.
>
> Keeping the original author's name and credit is SBo policy, I
> wouldn't remove it.
>
> I plan to change the license to the WTFPL for a few that I'm taking
> over. It's even more liberal than the existing license, and it doesn't
> require me to look at a bunch of ALL CAPS LEGALESE when editing the
> script.

The existing 1 clause BSD style license is there because it seems to be
what Patrick Volkerding uses for Slackware.

This makes it easier to promote a SlackBuild if Patrick accepts it into
the main distribution.

When Patrick switches to WTFPL then I would say go for it, otherwise I
would just leave it alone.

Richard Narron