[Slackbuilds-users] Proper Method to Categorize Desktop Apps

Dave Woodfall dave at slackbuilds.org
Sat Apr 30 21:11:01 UTC 2022

On 30/04/22 15:23,
Konrad J Hambrick <kjhambrick at gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
> All --
> Been playing with the OTB.SlackBuild and OTB Version 8.0.0
> I am getting clean builds and the program works as expected.
> `sbolint` returns no errors or warnings, but when I run
> sbopkglint /tmp/OTB-8.0.0-x86_64-1_SBo.tgz I get a hint:
> Running test: 35-desktop...usr/share/applications/monteverdi.desktop: hint:
> value "Education;Science;ImageProcessing;Geography;Qt;" for key
> "Categories" in group "Desktop Entry" contains more than one main category;
> application might appear more than once in the application menu
> OK
> Otherwise, all tests are OK
> Note that sbopkglint returns the same hint on the  OTB Version 7.3.0
> Package file.
> There is a doinst.sh script that I took from the Version 7.3 SlackBuild (
> below by sig )
> What is the proper way to set up a Desktop App in an SBo ?
> Thanks.

You need to decide which menu category the application should be in,
then edit the .desktop to match.

> value "Education;Science;ImageProcessing;Geography;Qt;"

>From the description, I'd say ImageProcessing.

OTB.desktop file is installed by the application so the usual way is
to sed the file somewhere after the make install.

--
Dave

sbo-maintainer-tools:
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/