[Slackbuilds-users] sboutils -- small tools to interact with SBo

Petar Petrov slackalaxy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 09:36:28 UTC 2022

dear All,

after a year away from Slackware, I am happy to be back, using it as
my main distro. I am slowly taking up the maintenance of my
SlackBuilds where I left off, and I hope to resubmit soon the ones
that had to be removed from 15.0.

I would like to ask your opinion on a small pet-project of mine:
https://github.com/slackalaxy/sboutils

There are three tools written in BASH:
sboask: interact with SBo, showing information about the SlackBuilds
sboset: help when a new SlackBuild is prepared
sborun: semi-automatically runs a SlackBuild

Feedback is very welcome and I am open to suggestions and ideas. If
you are willing to give the tools a try, I will very much appreciate
the testing. Most of all, I will be grateful if someone is interested
to take a look at the scripting itself and give their comments. I
accept criticism.
I tried to make the README as detailed as possible, so even if you do
not want to try these, you can at least see what the idea is.

You can reach me by email. I also hang out in IRC as ppetrov^

I will probably post a thread on LQ, but decided to notify you first.

best,

Petar