[Slackbuilds-users] sboutils -- small tools to interact with SBo

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Fri Aug 5 12:42:08 UTC 2022

Hi Petar,

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, August 5th, 2022 at 4:29 AM, Petar Petrov <slackalaxy at gmail.com> wrote:

> dear All,
>
> after a year away from Slackware, I am happy to be back, using it as
> my main distro. I am slowly taking up the maintenance of my
> SlackBuilds where I left off, and I hope to resubmit soon the ones
> that had to be removed from 15.0.
>
> I would like to ask your opinion on a small pet-project of mine:
> https://github.com/slackalaxy/sboutils
>
> There are three tools written in BASH:
> sboask: interact with SBo, showing information about the SlackBuilds
> sboset: help when a new SlackBuild is prepared
> sborun: semi-automatically runs a SlackBuild
>
> Feedback is very welcome and I am open to suggestions and ideas. If
> you are willing to give the tools a try, I will very much appreciate
> the testing. Most of all, I will be grateful if someone is interested
> to take a look at the scripting itself and give their comments. I
> accept criticism.
> I tried to make the README as detailed as possible, so even if you do
> not want to try these, you can at least see what the idea is.
>
> You can reach me by email. I also hang out in IRC as ppetrov^
>
> I will probably post a thread on LQ, but decided to notify you first.
>
> best,
>
> Petar

Looks interesting; I may check it out.  In particular it looks like a much nicer way of interacting with hoorex (which I have installed but have hardly ever used).

Since you already have a dependency (hoorex) have you considered / are you aware of sbolint and sbopkglint (https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/system/sbo-maintainer-tools/)?  You could optionally run sbopkglint after sborun builds a package (if it's installed on the system).  Not sure how many features you want to add... projects always run the risk of feature bloat.

Erich