[Slackbuilds-users] Epson M105 printer with PPD on CUPS (it was Re: Howto for slackware tgz)

Tim Dickson dickson.tim at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 10:02:07 UTC 2022

the two printer packages at sbo are epson-inkjet-printer-escpr and
epson-inkjet-printer-escpr2
and cater for printers that use the different protocol versions.
the m100 series was last supported in 2012, so it must be a really old
model.
It is not listed in either of the current driver packages available.

you'll need to create a package based on
epson-inkjet-printer-201215w-1.0.0-1lsb3.2.src.rpm from epson.
you can use rpm2tgz to convert the source package to something more useful.

If you look at either of the two epson printer packages available, it
will give some pointers to getting epson source code to compile. If you
are successful, you should end up with the ppd files and the back-end as
well. Be prepared for an uphill task.
regards, Tim

https://www.avg.com