[Slackbuilds-users] Giving up libraries/openjfx

Heiko Rosemann heiko.rosemann at web.de
Fri Feb 4 22:15:50 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm ready to give up openjfx. For years, no upstream updates to the
binary build I've been repackaging plus I don't need it any more (used
to be a dependency of MediathekView, but they include their own JRE and
JavaFX these days).

Considering it's years behind and all things java seem to have a
tendency to create security issues I'll prepare a github PR next week to
delete it, unless someone wants to take it over.

Although I'd suggest having a look at packaging an Azul JDK/JRE with FX
instead:
https://www.azul.com/downloads/?version=java-8-lts&os=linux&package=jdk-fx

Cheers,
Heiko

P.S: Just noticed someone is working on zulu-openjdk11. Thanks for that!
I need that for an old 32bit machine...
--
eMails verschlüsseln mit PGP - privacy is your right!
Mein PGP-Key zur Verifizierung: http://pgp.mit.edu