[Slackbuilds-users] games/puzzles: Upstream deletes old archives

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Wed Feb 9 16:36:27 UTC 2022

Hello list,

I just took over maintainership of games/puzzles and realized that upstream deletes old source archives.  I added a note in the README pointing to slackware.uk/sbosrcarch/ and also added automatic version detection (similar to what JOSM does) to the SlackBuild so the user can optionally download the latest source code from upstream and build.

My merge request is here: https://gitlab.com/SlackBuilds.org/slackbuilds/-/merge_requests/227/diffs?commit_id=32f406a868d44c710763a95613c78bd9b5362e9a
for you to review changes.

If I should do anything differently, please let me know.

I chose to keep the versioned download link in puzzles.info so users will know right away, rather than using the un-versioned download link and then getting a mismatched MD5SUM.

Erich