[Slackbuilds-users] greenhorn greetings

Nix nix at nixing.mx
Sat Feb 12 17:50:13 UTC 2022

>> the answer to "When can I expect it to be available?" is "When you add
>> it." :D It's actually not so hard, just some shell scripting.

I've found that this is the usual response and I understand why, yet for
new comers it can be overwhelming.

Again I understand and i'm eagerly waiting for slackbuilds to open it's
doors for the slackware stable 15  so I can submit updates for libstrophe
and profanity, and add new slackbuilds for its crypto support.

> Thank you very much, for now I'm totally swamped by these legion
> package-tools, having been spoiled rotten by Suse Yast :-)

I've been in your shoes  (and probably still am). I created a write-up
where I tried my best to explain the "confusing" parts of Slackware
package management. That may be of help to get you started.

I'd suggest to not feel discouraged by the overwhelming feeling that can
sometimes appear when trying to get into using Slackware. In my
experience it's worth the slight learning curve.

Write-up: https://nixing.mx/posts/exploring-slackware-slackbuilds.html

Eric