[Slackbuilds-users] New policy or poor advice?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:34:44 UTC 2022

Hi David,

the case you describe is substantially different: in april 2021 SBo closed
submissions and start adapting things to build on current to start getting
ready for the soon-to-come 15.0 (rc1 had been already released).
When we close submissions, differently from the normal developmrnt cycle,
we admins patch everything needed without getting in touch with the single
maintainers (accepting patches from maintainers and third parties) because
it's not possibile to get in touch with everybody for every script with
thousands of scripts to fix moving from one stable release of Slackware to
another so the goal is to handle at least the build process for most of
them so that at least they can be tested for functionality by the
respective maintainers (we also accept patches from them at some point).
That's the reason why rogue has been patched in may 2021.

Matteo