[Slackbuilds-users] rogue(like) & Lord of The Rings games SlackBuilds updates: angband, larn, rogue, stone_soup, tome-ah

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:09:26 UTC 2022

On 3/13/22, David Chmelik <dchmelik at gmail.com> wrote:

>      I don't use git much (only 'git clone') but the SlackBuilds.org
> maintainers are free to add these into SBo-git (as of few hours ago
> tested on Slackwware64 15, Slackware64 15.1+current, but not x86-32) or
> tell me how (I won't on GitHub but maybe GitLab or of course
> git.SlackBuilds.org.)

I don't use github either... Wait a few days, the submission form on
the website will be open, and you'll be able to upload tarballs like
you've done in the past.

>      I said 'roleplaying-like' because roleplaying game (RP, RPG)
> inventor Gary Gygax describes in his books /Role-playing Mastery/,
> /Master of The Game/ that computer games (at least single-player) are
> role assumption (RA,) not RP (which requires players, theatre-based
> aspects.)

Hey, that's an interesting bit of information. I always knew
roguelikes and other single-player "roleplaying" games aren't the same
as a proper game of D&D (or I suppose World of Warcraft), but never
knew there was actually a separate name for them. Thanks for that.