[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild with Two Executables

Brandon Pribula b.pribs11 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 03:22:21 UTC 2022

Hi,

There's a program I would like to package into a slackbuild. The program
itself is really two programs; two shell scripts. One is in bash (appname)
and the other is POSIX compliant (appnameposix). Rather than installing
both I decided to include two slackbuild scripts: one for each program so
the user can choose if they want to install just one or both. But it seems
if the 'appname' in slack-desc doesn't match $PRGNAM in the slackbuild then
installpkg doesn't print the slack-desc. I tried to get around this by
replacing $PRGNAM with ${PRGNAM}posix but this didn't work. The only
options I can see are either splitting the package up into two separate
slackbuilds, or install both.

Which of those two options are preferable or is there another option?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks