[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild with Two Executables

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Wed Mar 23 03:34:47 UTC 2022

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022, Brandon Pribula wrote:

> only options I can see are either splitting the package up into two separate
> slackbuilds, or install both.

> Which of those two options are preferable or is there another option?

Other options:

- Install both scripts in $PKG/usr/bin, call one "appname" and the other
   "appname-posix", and explain the situation in your README.

- Use an environment variable (APPNAME_POSIX=yes|no) to let the user
   choose which of the scripts to include in the package.

One thing that's *not* an option: Don't have one SlackBuild script
that creates two separate packages (in other words, don't ever
call makepkg twice).

If you do decide to make separate packages for 'appname' and
'appname-posix', it'll have to be two separate SlackBuilds.
Personally, I'd choose one of the other options (one SlackBuild, one
package, either include both scripts or use the env to select one).