[Slackbuilds-users] Updated ftbfs list

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 18:07:33 UTC 2022

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022, 1:19 AM B. Watson <urchlay at slackware.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
>
> > News on HandBrake:
> > First of all, it seems HandBrake does not support 32bit compile anymore
> > [1]. However, someone did get it compile it as 32bit [2] with disabling
> > x265. I know x265 itself builds actually, if we can find a way to force
> > it using the system x265 and we will be fine.
>
> That's actually what I did. Debian's got a patch for HandBrake that
> makes it use system libraries for everything it bundles... I adapted
> that patch, made it only use the system x265.
>
> It might be better to use the whole patch, and make HandBrake
> depend on only system libraries, but that would be something for
> the maintainer to try, not me (I just made it build with the minimum
> possible change).

Where do you go to find how Debian builds its packages? I know about the
AUR for Arch and Gentoo's gitweb.

When I was updating handbrake to the latest version to allow building on
15.0, I was hoping to find the ability to use system versions¹, but I
couldn't find any patches. It seems they existed with Debian, but my
google-fu was lacking.

Jeremy

¹
https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/when-will-https-slackbuilds-org-have-15-0-in-their-repos-4175708745/page3.html#post6335052