[Slackbuilds-users] Updated ftbfs list

Luc Van Rompaey luc.vanrompaey at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 18:24:15 UTC 2022

Op zo 27 mrt. 2022 om 20:07 schreef Jeremy Hansen <jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
>:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022, 1:19 AM B. Watson <urchlay at slackware.uk> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2022, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
>>
>> > News on HandBrake:
>> > First of all, it seems HandBrake does not support 32bit compile anymore
>> > [1]. However, someone did get it compile it as 32bit [2] with disabling
>> > x265. I know x265 itself builds actually, if we can find a way to force
>> > it using the system x265 and we will be fine.
>>
>> That's actually what I did. Debian's got a patch for HandBrake that
>> makes it use system libraries for everything it bundles... I adapted
>> that patch, made it only use the system x265.
>>
>> It might be better to use the whole patch, and make HandBrake
>> depend on only system libraries, but that would be something for
>> the maintainer to try, not me (I just made it build with the minimum
>> possible change).
>>

> Where do you go to find how Debian builds its packages? I know about the
> AUR for Arch and Gentoo's gitweb.
>
> When I was updating handbrake to the latest version to allow building on
> 15.0, I was hoping to find the ability to use system versions¹, but I
> couldn't find any patches. It seems they existed with Debian, but my
> google-fu was lacking.
>
> Jeremy
>
> ¹
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/when-will-https-slackbuilds-org-have-15-0-in-their-repos-4175708745/page3.html#post6335052

> FAQ - https://slackbuilds.org/faq/
>
> I would go to https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages and scroll down to
"Search package directories". There you can enter a keyword (e.g.,
"Handbrake", verify that the "Package names only" option is selected, and
click "Search".
On the next page, select the Handbrake package. On the right-hand side, you
will see links to various resources, among which the source package.
If Debian applied any patches, then these should be available in the
"debian.tar.xz" file.